Internet Computer Crimes Attorneys in New York City
Keeping Up with the Changes in Technology and the Law
Technology is changing every day, and the law combating computer crimes races to keep up. The attorneys at Abramson & Morak remain up to date with the changes in computer crime law to provide our clients with a thorough defense.
Get help if you have been accused of a computer crime in New York. Speak with an attorney at our firm to get an aggressive computer crime defense in New York City.
New York City Computer Crimes
If you commit a computer crime, there is the potential for both state and federal charges. Our firm is dedicated to defending clients in all New York courts and federal courts across the country.
New York’s Penal Law includes a section for offenses involving computers. The law prohibits a variety of computer-related actions, including:
- Unauthorized use of a computer
- Computer trespassing
- Computer tampering
- Unlawful duplication of computer-related material
- Criminal possession of computer-related material
Many of the offenses under federal law involve the federal government and interstate commerce. The federal offenses include these acts:
- Obtaining information relating to national defense, foreign relations, atomic energy, or credit or financial transactions
- Using a computer in interstate commerce to transmit a computer virus that damages a computer network or interrupts or prevents the use of a computer network
- Trafficking computer passwords for federal government computers or in interstate commerce with an intent to defraud
- Possessing, receiving, distributing or producing child pornography in a manner that affects interstate commerce
The attorneys at Abramson & Morak try cases in New York state court and federal court. Let their experience work for you. Contact us if you have been accused of a computer crime.
Call 212-226-7098 for a computer crime defense in New York City.