New York DWI and Drunken Driving Lawyers
Serving New York City, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and surrounding areas
The penalties for driving while intoxicated (DWI) in New York are severe. If you or a family member has been arrested, you need the help of an experienced attorney to protect your rights. This is particularly true if you are a cab driver, commercial driver, transportation employee or if you need your license to make a living.
At Abramson & Morak, we provide a thorough and aggressive defense to clients accused of DWI. We have the experience and resources to investigate:
- The legality of the stop
- Whether a field sobriety test was properly administered
- Whether the breathalyzer machine was properly maintained and calibrated
- Whether blood or urine tests are accurate and reliable
Oftentimes, acceptable driving behavior is misinterpreted by a police officer, causing a person to be pulled over. Then the nervous driver might innocently fail a field sobriety test, leading to an arrest.
Our DWI attorneys know how to negotiate with prosecutors and law enforcement and have been successful in getting erroneous charges dismissed, negotiating reduced charges and having our clients’ records sealed to protect their reputations.
We can also help with related matters, such as:
- Fighting vehicle forfeitures
- Getting your vehicle out of impound
- Fighting license revocations
- Helping to getting your driver’s license restored
- Arranging for treatment in lieu of jail time
- Other matters
Drunken driving lawyers of Abramson & Morak defends New Yorkers accused of DWI in all county and state courts.